If you’re familiar with Onnit’s popular nootropic, Alpha Brain, you also may have heard about New Mood. Whereas Alpha Brain helps take your cognitive performance to the next level during the day, New Mood helps you physically and mentally unwind when the day is over.
Here at Brain Wiz, we are big fans of Alpha Brain and its simplicity for those new to the world of nootropics. Of course, when we heard about New Mood, we knew we had to review it.
Table of contents
One of the biggest challenges I face daily is getting a good nights sleep. I have nearly perfected my daily routine to set my brain up for peak performance with nootropics, the right diet, an exercise regime, and meditation. However, when it comes time to “unwind” at night, I always have a hard time.
In the past I’ve tried things such as Valerian Root and Melatonin. While they did have mild effects, I wanted something more. I wanted a supplement stack that not only relaxed me but helped me feel refreshed the next day. That is when I stumbled upon New Mood and really began to optimize my sleep.
To understand New Mood as best as possible, we’re going to take a quick look at what is inside it.
- Niacin: Also called Vitamin B3, Niacin is important for proper brain health. Research has shown that Niacin can help protect against Alzheimer’s as well as other brain diseases.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 helps the body create Melatonin. This chemical is what helps the brain unwind at night by slowing it down, allowing for sleep to be induced.
- Magnesium: Magnesium helps GABA function in the body. GABA produces hormones (such as serotonin) that improve overall mood. In addition, Magnesium can also help quite the mind, relax muscles, and even bring the heart rate down to make it easier to fall asleep.
- Valerian Root: A very popular sleep and anxiety aid, Valerian Root works in the brain the same way that prescription drugs such as Valium do. It helps to increase the chemical GABA in the brain, which has a calming effect.
- Chamomile: Used for hundreds of years, Chamomile is most popularly drank in tea. It’s benefits include being able to fight anxiety and insomnia as well as keep inflammation to a minimum.
- Lemon Balm Extract: Studies have shown that when used in conjunction with other calming herbs (such as the ones in this list) Lemon Balm helps reduce anxiety and promotes a restful sleep.
- Jujube: Research suggests that Jujube is a potent antioxidant and sleep aid.
- L-Tryptophan: Most known for being in turkey, L-Tryptophan can both improve cognition and work to ease the mind into a state of relaxation.
- 5-HTP: Another popular anti-anxiety supplement, 5-HTP is commonly used for helping with a wide variety of different sleep disorders.
- Inositol: Studies have shown that Inositol helps those with depression, panic, and OCD due to its ability to work positively with serotonin in the brain.
What People Are Saying
Across the board people are reviewing Onnit’s New Mood very well. Many say that is a great way to compliment Alpha Brain, which acts as a focus aid during the day.
The big factor that most people comment on is its ability to reduce stress. Since anxiety affects 18.1% of adults in the United States, its no wonder why New Mood has become such a popular supplement.
In addition to easing stress and anxiety, many users have reported increased moods and relaxation. This makes it a great sleep aid. The ingredients work together to draw out negative feelings, promote an enhanced mood, and give the mind a restful sleep.
What Our Reviewers Thought
“I have a hard time convincing myself to fall asleep. I’ll usually stay awake watching shows on NetFlix or, sometimes even working. This can be detrimental on my sleep cycle. Some nights I’ll get 5 hours of sleep, other nights I’ll need 10 hours of sleep just to function properly. New Mood helped regulate my sleep schedule. I took the first dose at around 10pm and started to see its effects around 10:30pm. By 11pm I was out like a light and slept a very deep sleep. I didn’t wake up once!”
“New Mood is a very interesting supplement. I have tried a variety of sleep aids in the past. Many have seemed to work but nothing special. I recognized some of the ingredients in New Mood when reading the bottle from past experiences so I wasn’t thinking much of it when I first tried it. However, I was pretty surprised at how well it worked. I slept well and it didn’t make me feel groggy in the morning like some other sleep aids have in the past.”
“Anxiety from work usually keeps my mind racing in the evening. Sometimes I even get some bouts of depression. I haven’t taken any prescription medication or supplements in the past but sometimes I’ll have a glass of wine to put my mind at ease. For me, New Mood felt like having a glass of wine without feeling “drunk”, if that makes sense. My shoulders relaxed, I felt a wave of calm hit my body, and I was able to just be at ease without my mind racing and keeping me up at night.”
Frequently Asked Questions
When can New Mood be taken?
While New Mood is effective at helping people unwind at night, it can be taken at any time (day or night). It all depends on when the user most needs it. Is anxiety striking right this very second? New Mood can help.
Are there any discounts on New Mood?
Surprisingly, Onnit is currently giving away a free bottle for new users. All that you need to do is pay for the shipping costs. They say they are doing this because they are so sure that you’ll love it, you’ll want to order it again. I’m unsure as to when this promotion will end, so act accordingly!
What is the dosage?
The bottle says to not exceed 6 capsules within a 24-hour period. Also, do not take this supplement if you are pregnant, nursing, or have a medical condition. Speak to your doctor is you have any medical questions or concerns.
Where can New Mood be purchased?
In addition to selling New Mood online, you can find it at Whole Foods Market and Sprouts Farmers Market. However, these other retailers might mark up New Mood, so you’d be paying more than what it would cost you on Onnit’s website.
Can a tolerance be built to New Mood?
Like any supplements, when taken on a recurring basis a tolerance can be built up by the body. To ensure that New Mood continues to work, one should cycle off of it every once and a while.
Final Thoughts on New Mood
Stress can be detrimental when it comes to living a healthy and productive life. While it is important to cultivate a healthy diet and exercise routine, supplements can help fill the gaps that are missed. New Mood does just that. When anxiety or stress hits hard, New Mood is there to reel in the mind and help balance it.
Our reviewers found New Mood to be incredibly helpful in the evening, when they were trying to get to sleep, as well as intermittently during the day when they needed to relax or calm down.
New Mood has proved itself as a great sleep and anxiety aid.
If you have any questions or comments about New Mood, please leave a comment below and we’ll respond as quickly as possible!