Nootrobox (click for best price) is a relatively new supplement company specializing in, you guessed it, nootropics. Their product list currently includes nootropic stack RISE, caffeine-based supplement Sprint, sleep supplement YAWN, and chewable coffee Go Cubes. The San Francisco company’s main claim to fame is a heavy presence among Silicon Valley tech types and startup/tech media outlets.
At first glance, Nootrobox’s formulations aren’t carbon copies of other popular stacks, but they all contain ingredients that are fairly well researched, and ones we have quite a bit of experience testing. First up is RISE, their “daily” nootropic stack designed for regular/everyday use. Hear what our testers had to say by reading our full RISE review below!
Get the best deal on Nootrobox HERE.
- Active Ingredients: Bacopa monnieri (50% bacosides) – 300 mg
- Bacopa Monnieri is an herb used as an antidepressant and a cognitive booster. While performing stressful cognitive tests, subjects taking Bacopa Monnieri experienced the herb’s nootropic effects and reduced both stress and cortisol levels. This is on par with the highest concentration of bacosides in the extract we’ve seen in a nootropic product. Nootrobox recommends taking RISE with fat-containing meals, as this ingredient may be better absorbed when paired with fats.
- Rhodiola rosea (3% rosavins and 1% salidroside) – 300 mg
- While there’s some evidence that Rhodiola Rosea can combat the effects of physical stress, it’s best known and well-researched to fight fatigue from mental challenges and tasks. Basically, evidence suggests this herb helps us better manage stress, and it also combats fatigue we might feel from mentally (and potentially physically) grueling tasks. Some early research also indicates Rhodiola could improve overall longevity and brain help in mammals. Rhodiola supplementation also has diminishing returns in that more than ~600mg may actually reverse the positive effects. To that end, we’re happy to see Nootrobox showing some restraint on the dosage here instead of powering up their numbers just for show.
- a-GPC (L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine) – 300 mg
- Choline is a vital compound in neurotransmission, and research suggests many Americans don’t get enough from their regular diets (in fact, choline-based nootropics are increasingly common, and some of our testers have experienced enhanced memory and focus simply from supplementing choline). This is the same high-quality form of choline as in popular stack Alpha Brain.
- Other Ingredients: Rice flour, vegetable cellulose (capsule), calcium carbonate, silicon dioxide.
Read what happened when we stacked RISE with SPRINT, another Nootrobox nootropic.
Simply take one in the morning with breakfast, and one post-lunch or with an afternoon snack. It’s recommended that you take RISE with food because bacopa monnieri tends to be better absorbed when taken with fat. Some of our customers take one in the morning with a tall glass of water and then take one more additional RISE in the afternoon post-lunch or with a snack. Others just take two at once with a meal with fats – dairy, meat, nuts, etc.
What Our Testers Say
“Taking this supplement felt very similar for me to Rhodiola rosea supplementation, with a little extra kick. Doesn’t sound terribly exciting, but that’s not a bad thing, and I appreciate the help dealing with stress. With the added Alpha-GPC and other adaptogen [Bacopa], this is a stack that seems low on gimmicks while doubling down on research-backed compounds. I’ll probably reach for RISE when I want the endurance and stress-fighting effects of Rhodiola in a simple package.”
“I took RISE with caffeine and without, and definitely think it pairs well with. It’s a stimulant-free supplement, so it may be a good option for beginners to nootropics or people who are sensitive to caffeine. I also liked the inclusion of Alpha-GPC; I get a lot of choline in my diet, so I probably didn’t notice too much from this, but it could be an especially good option for people who don’t, like many vegetarians.”
“This took the edge off my work stress, and I found myself better able to power through mundane or draining tasks at work. Doesn’t contain any stimulants, and I didn’t feel an energy boost whatsoever, but it did well to aid my focus.”
“I felt calm and level-headed when I was doing the RISE trial, but no more energetic than normal. I appreciate Nootrobox actually listing the amounts of various ingredients, and this is a nice, straightforward adaptogen + choline stack I’ll probably reach for in times of stress or heavy workload. It also paired well with my morning coffee and breakfast. ”
- Take with fats during breakfast or lunch to help improve absorption of RISE’s bacosides.
- In our review of RISE, most of our testers compared this supplement to standalone supplementation of Rhodiola rosea, which pairs well with coffee (RISE is caffeine and stimulant-free) and is good before stressful situations.
- As with any supplement or nutritional regimen, you should talk to your doctor or medical professional before use.
- We appreciate that Nootrobox lists active ingredient amounts; you know what you’re getting.
For our testers, RISE by Nootrobox felt a lot like plain Rhodiola with an added “kick”, and at the very least, their effects were similar. None of us felt negative side effects when taking RISE, though as with many supplements, individual user experiences will vary.
Interested in RISE? Save 10% off all Nootrobox products with the exclusive BrainWiz Nootrobox coupon.
Several of our testers are trying RISE on a more long-term basis and will report back. We’re also excited to see what other stacks Nootrobox develops with their newly raised venture capital money.