Update: As of January 2017, Onnit 180 has been discontinued by Onnit. If you are looking for a nootropic supplement that has all of the same benefits that Onnit 180 had, check out our Onnit Alpha Brain Review.
It’s no secret we’re fans of Onnit’s Alpha BRAIN (though not without a few reservations). And in addition to the company’s new Alpha BRAIN Instant formula, Onnit also produces a powdered, drinkable supplement that combines highlighted ingredients from several of their supplements, including New Mood and Shroom Tech. The formula, Onnit 180, is, according to the manufacturer, “designed to help the body recover.” It’s Onnit’s recommended supplement to fight jet lag, all-nighters, hangovers, and “pity parties.”
The combination of neurotransmitter support, adaptogens, 5-HTP, vitamins, and minerals in Onnit 180 definitely grabbed on interest. Read on to find out if this combination delivers on its big promises.
- For Cognitive Support from Alpha Brain
- Bacopa monnieri Extract – 50 mg
- Oatstraw Extract – 30 mg
- Huperzia serrata Extract – 30 mg
- Alpha GPC – 50 mg
- L-Theanine – 100 mg
- L-Tyrosine HCI – 100 mg
- AC-11® (Uncaria tomentosa Extract) – 250 mg
- Vinpocetine – 4 mg
- Pterostilbene – 2 mg
- Phosphatidylserine – 50 mg
- For Stress Reduction from Shroom Tech Sport®
- Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) – 1 mg
- For Mood Support from New Mood®
- 5-HTP – 50 mg
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) – 30 mg
- Magnesium (Chelate) – 50 mg
- For Caffeine Free Energy
- Rhodiola Extract (Rhodiola rosea) – 200 mg
- Ashwagandha root Extract – 200 mg
- Grape seed Extract – 100 mg
- Sodium (Bicarbonate) – 10 mg (Helpful with the recovery from dehydration.)
- Fibersol® 2 – 900 mg (Designed to delay hunger and increase satiety hormones.)
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – 50 mg (A fatty acid and antioxidant.)
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine HCI) – 15 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate) – 100 mg
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) – 800 IU
- Iodine (Potassium Iodine) – 1 mg
- Zinc (Chelate) – 5 mg
- Selenium (Chelate) – 100 mcg
- Other Ingredients: Non-GMO Prosweet Flavor, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Natural Orange Flavor, Xylitol, Stevia
- Suggested use: Adults over 150 lbs, drink a serving of 1 packet stirred or shaken with at least 12 oz of water. Adults under 150 lbs, drink a serving of approximately ½ a packet. A second serving of the same quantity as the first may be consumed after a minimum of 6 hours has passed. Do not exceed 1 serving in any 24-hour period unless otherwise directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- For flying: Take 30 minutes prior to takeoff and/or within 30 minutes of landing, depending on the duration of the flight.
- For the occasional bout of depression: Take it on the morning to turn your day around.
- All-nighter or hangover: Take it the morning after.
- Warning: DO NOT use if pregnant, nursing, or under the age of 18. Consult with a healthcare practitioner before taking this or any other nutritional supplement if you have or suspect a medical condition, are taking any medications, particularly blood thinners or drugs designed to interact with neurotransmitters, over-the-counter products, or other non-Onnit dietary supplements. This product contains Niacin that may cause a temporary flush of the skin and is not an adverse reaction.
What Our Testers Say
“This is the real deal. After two nights of little-to-no sleep before the holidays, followed by a little too much to drink, I took this the following morning, on an empty stomach, and was able to feel human again. I even went on a run that afternoon, and I felt just fine. I don’t believe there’s any ”˜cure’ for a hangover besides time, but this took the edge off.”
“Onnit’s 180 worked quick for me, quicker than Alpha BRAIN on its own. I’m a big fan of it for travel, though I’ve only tried it once when jetlag was an issue (I believe it helped, and at the very least, it had me rehydrating). I have kept a packet at my desk at work and one in my travel carry-on, in case of emergencies.”
“The first time I tried it, I took one packet of Onnit 180 one morning when I was feeling kind of uninspired. I felt a lot like I feel when I take Alpha BRAIN, but the effects were much quicker, whereas Alpha BRAIN in pill form kind of builds over the course of a day for me. And the physical effects of 180 were slightly, just slightly, more pronounced, with a small boost of energy. What I’m really looking forward to is trying it next time I travel.”
“I was a little skeptical of the taste, given the smell and color of the drink, but it wasn’t nearly as bad as I expected. There is a definite earthy (or dirt) taste to it, and I could actually have done without stevia. I really like both Alpha BRAIN and New Mood, and I feel like this is a solid combination of these supplements, making me feel calm, content, and clear headed.”
- Onnit 180 contains no caffeine, and it pairs well with your morning coffee. Just remember that caffeine can have a dehydrating effect, so if you are taking Onnit 180 after a night of drinking (alcohol can be dehydrating) consider trying it without caffeine first.
- Our testers experienced no negative side effects from this supplement. But as with any supplement or nutritional regimen, you should talk to your doctor or medical professional before use.
- According to the manufacturer, Onnit 180 is not for daily consumption.
- If you are sensitive to the taste, mix it with less water, and follow it up with a full 12 oz. of water or another beverage of choice.
- This supplement is portable and fast-acting, making it convenient for travel.
Onnit 180 (click for best price) delivers on most of its promises, though it didn’t completely cure jet lag or hangovers in our testers, although it definitely improved their experiences and helped them recover a bit quicker. Onnit advises people that this is not a daily supplement, this surprised us a bit, but given its combination of many different stacks working on multiple neural and energy pathways, we can understand the logic. We had good experiences using it in situations where we needed a fast boost in mood, brain energy, focus, and physical energy.