Finding the right nootropic can be confusing. There are a lot of different options out there. Two of the more popular nootropics are Brain Force and Alpha Brain. While they both have similar names and even similar packaging, they are quite different in their ingredients and how they effect your cognitive abilities.
In a head-to-head matchup between Brain Force vs Alpha Brain, we recommend choosing Alpha Brain.
To learn why, keep reading…
Table of contents
Created by the man behind Infowars, Alex Jones, Brain Force claims to “Flip the switch and supercharge your state of mind”. It rose in popularity due to being featured and talked about on Infowars media channels. While it is possible to purchase Brain Force on the Infowars website, you can also purchase it on Amazon Prime.
Based on what we found on their website and their Amazon page, there is no money back guarantee for Brain Force. This is a little disheartening seeing as how much their marketing pushes it’s amazing benefits.
Let’s take a look at the ingredients in Brain Force so that we can properly compare it with Alpha Brain.
- Bacopa Herb Extract: Also called “bacopa monnieri”, this nootropic supplement is one of the most popular because of its wide range of cognetive enhancing abilities.
- Alpha-GPC: The full name of this nootropic is “Alpha-glycerophosphocholine” but Alpha-GPC is much easier to say. It has been usedto help those with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s.
- Yerba Mate Leaf Powder: Yerba Mate has been used in tea for centuries by the Chinese for everything from building up their immune system to increasing energy and focus.
- Phosphatidylserine: This nootropic has successfully been used to patients with early signs of dementia.
- L-Theanine: Another very popular nootropic, L-Theanine gives users a significantly higher state of mental alertness.
- Vitamin B12: An all around essential vitamin, B12 also works as an effective nootropic.
- Black Pepper Fruit Extract: This is a supplement that is not often found in general nootropics. However, it does still have a variety of benefits.
If you head over to the Brain Force Amazon page, you will see very polarizing reviews. Some people love it and rated it five stars, while other people hated it and gave it 1 star. There are a very little amount of people who gave it 4, 3, or even 2 stars.
Some of the positive reviews claimed that it helped give the users more energy and even remember old memories. Some of the negative reviewers claimed that they didn’t experience any results at all.
Price and Value
Brain Force is sold for $33 on Amazon Prime (free shipping). With a 30 day supply, that comes out to $1.10 per dose. Overall, that isn’t the cheapest option when it comes to nootropics. However, it is strange that they are charging more than we regularly see for such a small amount of nootropic ingredients.
Alpha Brain is one of the most popular nootropics on the web today. It was created by Onnit as a nootropic to help people perform at the top of their mental game. It gained popularity because of its extensive celebrity endorsements, most notable Joe Rogan. Joe often features Alpha Brain on his wildly popular podcast.
In addition to helping elevate your cognitive abilities, Alpha Brain also promotes lucid dreams. These are the type of dreams where you are in control (e.g. you can make yourself fly). Unlike Brain Force, Alpha Brain offers one of the best return policy and money back guarantees in the supplement industry. If you don’t see any effects after taking Alpha Brain, you can keep the bottle and they will still send your money back.
Below are the ingredients in Alpha Brain so that we can properly compare it with Brain Force.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCI): An important vitamin for helping elevate brain function in the elderly.
- L-Tyrosine: Has been used to alleviate neurological decline.
- L-Theanine: As mentioned above, L-Theanine is a very popular nootropic. It can give users a significantly higher state of mental alertness.
- Oat Straw Extract (Avena Sativa): Has been used to reduce stress, giving cleaner energy when combined with other nootropics.
- Phosphatidylserine: As mentioned above, this nootropic has successfully been used to patients with early signs of dementia.
- AC-11 (Uncaria tomentosa Extract): Used to reduce inflammation, one of the main causes of brain fog.
- L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine (Alpha GPC): As mentioned above, Alpha GPC has been used to help those with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s.
- Bacopa Monniera Extract: As mentioned above, this supplement is one of the more popular in the world of nootropics because of its wide range of cognetive enhancing abilities.
- Huperzia Serrata Extract: Double-blind, placebo controlled studies have shown that Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia patients exhibit significant improvements in memory function.
- L-Leucine: An important amino acid, which play a vital role in how the brain works.
- Vinpocetine: A vasodialator which helps to increase blood flow to your brain.
- Pterostilbene: A powerful antioxidant that helps to reduce inflammation.
People all over the internet love Alpha Brain. Everywhere we look, whether it was on blogs or supplement review sites or videos, people were expressing their love for Alpha Brain. At first we thought that the popularity of Alpha Brain might be a marketing gimmick because of the celebrity endorsements. However, after testing Alpha Brain ourselves, we found it to be a wonderful nootropic. It is perfect for people who are just starting out in the world of nootropics and are looking for a nice “brain boost” without the jitters that supplements with a lot of caffeine bring.
Price and Value
When purchased through Onnit, you can buy Alpha Brain for $29.71 (with a subscription). If you choose not to subscribe, the price slightly rises to $34.95. The bottle comes with a months supply (30 pills). That comes out to about $1.16 per dose.
Brain Force vs Alpha Brain: Ingredients Comparison
|Ingredients||Brain Force||Alpha Brain|
|Bacopa Herb Extract||Yes||Yes|
|Yerba Mate Leaf Powder||Yes||No|
|Black Pepper Fruit Extract||Yes||No|
|Oat Straw Extract||No||Yes|
|Huperzia Serrata Extract||No||Yes|
Brain Force vs Alpha Brain: Final Thoughts
After thoroughly comparing both of these nootropics, we had to go with Alpha Brain. While Brain Force is slightly cheaper (by around $2) Alpha Brain contained much more quality ingredients. Just take a look at the variety of ingredients in Alpha Brain versus Brain Force. You will immediately see why Alpha Brain is ever so slightly more expensive. And while it is more expensive, you’re getting what you pay for — quality.
Not only are you getting quality with Alpha Brain, you are also getting a great money back guarantee. Unfortunately, Brain Force doesn’t offer any return policy (that we were able to find). Because of this, many reviewers were stuck with new bottles of Brain Force that just didn’t work for them. However, because Alpha Brain has one of the best money back guarantees around, you can get your money back if it doesn’t work and still keep the bottle.