Of all the nootropic formulas we’ve tested, Lumonol (click for trial price) is among the fastest acting and most consistent we’ve tried. The blend of tried and tested nootropic ingredients, plus the addition of fast-acting noopept, gave most of us increased focus and noted increases in mental (and for some, physical) stamina within about 20 minutes of taking it. It’s worth noting that Lumonol is a powerful stack, so if you’re new to the world of nootropics, we have some tips to get the most out it from the very start.
Lumonol has a 30-day trial (60 capsules) available on their website, which comes with a 90-day money back guarantee. In our experience, it’s best to start off by taking just one capsule per day to assess your tolerance. As the manufacturer (Avanse) recommends:
Serving Size: Upon successful completion of a 1 capsule “tolerance test day”, take 2 capsules per day. You may take Lumonol before eating, or after, and may consume after lunchtime if a productive afternoon is required. Taking Lumonol too close to bedtime may result in a restless night. Lumonol should be supplemented in 90 day cycles, with 15 – 30 days break in between. Lumonol’s effects build with time.
If you start with 1 capsule per day, a trial bottle will actually last you more than 30 days, even if you eventually work up to the 2 pill serving size. As with any nootropic, different people will have different reactions, and it might take some trial and error to find out what works best for you.
With that being said, we have a few more BrainWiz tips for starting Lumonol and determining if it’s right for you.
1. Split your dose. If you work up to the 2 pill/day dose (and we don’t recommend more than that), we generally like taking one in the morning before or with breakfast, along with one after lunch. This spreads out the boost and gives us focus throughout the work day.
2. Take with food. If stimulants upset your stomach, or you have a generally sensitive digestive system, take with food to maximize absorption while reducing the risk of nausea (we know a few people who get a little nauseous whenever they take any pill).
3. Don’t rush to 2 pills. Start with one per day, and if you feel a great boost from that, you don’t necessarily have to rocket up to 2 right away (or at all). Assess your tolerance, individuals will feel different reactions to different supplements.
4. Cycle. The manufacturer recommends supplementing Lumonol in 90 day cycles with 15-30 day breaks in between. In our experience, that’s been pretty spot on.
5. Start with the original. Lumonol has a power-up formula called Lumonol Nova that can be stacked with the original formulation. We liked Lumonol Nova, and the company has great discounts on buying their full product line, but we recommend starting with the original formulation for at least a week on its own to get a sense of how you react (and if you like the supplement as much as we did).
If you’re looking for something to enhance Lumonol’s effects without adding any stimulants or doubling up on ingredients, our testers paired it with magnesium. Their experience with this combo sets Lumonol apart as one of our best nootropics for productivity.