As entrepreneurs, one of the most precious resources we have is time. Waste it and your business could be doomed. Learning how to make the most of every second of the day and work as efficiently as possible is an art form.
Some of us need an extra “push” to help keep the gears in our head turning throughout the day. Often, this is when we reach for a caffeinated beverage such as coffee or an energy drink. And while those drinks may provide us with an initial burst of energy, the crash that comes after can actually make us feel even worse than we did prior to drinking it.
As an entrepreneur myself, I personally relied a little too heavily on caffeine to help get me through the workday. Two, three, and sometimes even four cups were normal to me. This dependence eventually led to regularly crashing in the middle of the day—leaving me tired, irritable, and unable to work at my fullest potential.
After one particularly bad mid-day caffeine crash, I vowed to find a better way to keep myself energized and focused throughout the day. Through my research, I stumbled into the world of nootropics and never looked back.
Nootropics, in my opinion, are the best way for entrepreneurs to reclaim some, if not the majority, of their day. Unlike caffeine, which works purely as a stimulant, nootropics can provide a sustainable blend of reliable energy, enhanced focus, and mental clarity. It even helps reduce stress and tension. This allows your brain to work at peak performance levels.
If you are an entrepreneur looking to optimize your productivity and achieve a new state of mental clarity, here is how nootropics can help…
Improve Your Focus, Memory, and More
As an entrepreneur, your focus is being pulled all over the place every single day. Meetings, calls, emails — all of these distractions take a toll on how your mind performs. In order to succeed in business, you need to be able to tame your mind to not lose focus even during the worst of distractions. This can be a challenge for some entrepreneurs (it certainly was for me) and that is exactly how nootropics can save the day.
Just like you need to put gasoline in a car to make the engine run, you need to fuel your mind in a similar fashion. Nootropics are proprietary blends of vitamins, herbs, and other ingredients that work together to give your brain a boost when it needs it the most. However, not all nootropics are created equal. The supplement industry is filled with fly-by-night companies whose only real goal is to make a quick buck. Many nootropics on the market have loads of fillers and other unnecessary ingredients that work to keep manufacturing costs down rather than provide the end-user with any real benefits.
To ensure you’re using a nootropic formula that will actually help you perform better during the day, you need to go with a reliable company that has invested time and money in research-backed ingredients. For example, let’s take a look at the main ingredients in one of my favorite nootropics, OptiMind:
- GABA: Anxiety and stress can inhibit your ability to focus and be detrimental to your overall energy levels. When your GABA levels are low, your nerve cells can overwork themselves by transmitting signals more than they should be. This can lead to even more stress and anxiety. With normal or slightly elevated GABA levels, you may feel a higher level of relaxationthroughout the day while working.
- Phosphatidylserine:From sunup to sundown, entrepreneurs have a lot to remember in a day. The main benefit of Phosphatidylserine is its potent ability to boost memory as well as overall cognition.
- Vitamin D: Being cooped up in an office, your body misses a key vitamin it gets for free from the sun — Vitamin D. Vitamin D is an essential nutrient for your brain to function properly and a lack of it can cause low energy levels and even depression.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid: Known for protecting the brain from damage by free radicals, Alpha-Lipoic Acid is also known for its neurorestorative properties. It’s very important to not only protect it from damage but also give it the fuel necessary to rebuild itself.
- Caffeine: By itself, caffeine leads to only a temporary boost. However, when combined with a variety of other nootropic ingredients, caffeine helps evenly to supercharge your brain.
- Vinpocetine: Proper circulation is key for your brain to optimally absorb the beneficial ingredients in a nootropic. Vinpocetine works as a vasodilator to increase blood flow and even improve memory.
- Bacopa Monnieri: This supplement is what I personally think is one of the best “all around” nootropics. That is because it has not only been found to significantly increase memory and improve spatial learning ability but because it also works to reduce anxiety and stress.
OptiMind includes a host of other brain-boosting ingredients, including: L-Tyrosine, Taurine, Huperzine A, Vitamin B-12, and Sulbutiamine.
Say Goodbye To Brain Fog
As an entrepreneur, what held me back the most in my early days wasn’t learning the ropes when it came to accounting or HR. It was brain fog. I have been plagued with long stretches of time where I couldn’t fully concentrate on one thing—literally feeling like my head was in the clouds. Having tried everything from changing my diet and exercise routine, to completely revamping how I sleep, I was getting nowhere. That is, until I tried nootropics.
The exact causes of brain fog varies from person to person. However, one of the main causes is inflammation in the brain. The root of this inflammation is due to a lot of different factors: the sedentary lifestyles we live, the sugary food we eat, and the sleep we usually do not get.
To help combat inflammation in the brain, I have found that the nootropic, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, works as a great anti-inflammitory. It also has the added benefit of preventing free radical damage to the neurological system and protecting brain nerve tissue. You can find Alpha-Lipoic Acid in OptiMind’s proprietary “Focus Blend”.
While nootropics cannot replace a healthy lifestyle, diet, and a full night’s sleep, it can help put a damper on the inflammation that overwhelms our bodies on a daily basis.
Level-Up Your Mind
Successful entrepreneurs are always looking to take themselves and their business’ to the next level. While nootropics are not “miracle pills”, they certainly can help optimize your performance during the day. Whether it is reducing stress, allowing you to focus, or clearing up your brain fog, I’m certain that nootropics have a place in every entrepreneur’s arsenal.